Today we enabled the ability to login to your account using your Apple ID ⏤ a quick, easy and safe way to use Teletype, and there are a few things we’d like to share with you about it.
What you need to know:
- You can sign up using your Apple ID when you see the Sign In With Apple button.
- Opting to sign up with an Apple ID eliminates the need to fill out the registration form.
- Apple ID is secure, as logging in requires your Face ID or Touch ID.
- You can keep your email address anonymous if you choose “Hide My Email” during registration. If you do, Apple will create an unique random email address, which will forward relevant mail to your real email address. It allows you to receive Teletype email notifications without having to reveal your email address.
- When you sign up directly with Teletype, your name and email is used to create an account.
- When you sign up through Apple ID, Apple uses only that data that’s necessary for logging into services like Teletype.
- If you want to use Apple ID with an existing account, you can do so by tying it in the Account section of Settings.
October 10, 2020, 21:55